Birmingham Road, Allesley, Coventry, West Midlands, CV5 9TZ
Fancy some Spanish heat? Here at The Elms we’re full of ideas for delicious salad combinations – and our salad expert Chris Griffin’s recipe for Spanish-inspired spicy chorizo and tomato salad is a great dish that’ll get your taste buds fired up.
It’s fresh, easy to make and full of flavour – you’ll have perfect lunchtime treat or a speedy light dinner ready in just 20 minutes. Or, if you’re after a quick and tasty family meal, just serve it up with a side of Spanish rice. Time for a fiesta…
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
1. Start with a base of pink pickled cabbage for acidity and texture, then add your gherkins for some crunch.
2. Add in the peppers and onions to give the salad some natural sweetness.
3. For saltiness, add in your olives, a common Spanish ingredient.
4. Throw in the tomatoes and combine all the ingredients together with a really spicy dressing, such as Harvester’s House Hot sauce, to give the salad an added kick.
5. Grill the chorizo, then mix in with the rest of the salad, ensuring the natural oils cover the dish for plenty of flavour.