Melt-in-the-mouth Bourbon-infused pulled pork, on soft tortillas, with corn salsa and red onion. Worth the wait, and makes enough for the next day!
• 1-2 kg boneless pork shoulder
• 1 ltr of chicken stock
• A pinch of salt & pepper
• 2 tsp paprika
• 1 tsp Chili flakes
• A quarter of a bottle of Harvester Bourbon Sauce
• A red onion, quartered
• 6 Small soft flour tortillas
• A tin of sweetcorn
• A diced red onion
• A diced red pepper
• A handful of chopped fresh coriander
• 3 tbsp crumbled feta
• A drizzle of olive oil
• Half a red onion sliced into thin rings
• Place the pork on the rack of a roasting dish and rub over the dry spices, then add bourbon sauce, ensuring the joint is well coated. Add chicken stock to the pan and cover with foil. Slow cook for 4 hours on a medium heat, occasionally basting with the cooking liquid to keep the meat moist.
• Just before serving, combine the salsa ingredients in a bowl.
• Transfer the pork to a serving dish or board and gently shred the meat with 2 forks, adding some cooking liquid to moisten.
• To serve, spoon some corn salsa onto each tortilla, add the pork and top with a few onion rings.
• Drizzle with extra Bourbon sauce and serve with lime wedges.
If you don’t fancy cooking at home and washing up,
you can always join us at Harvester and enjoy our sauces on your favourite dishes.