An oven-baked or barbecued chicken leg, coated in Harvester Peri-Peri sauce to give a tangy piquant flavour. Served on a bed of spicy rice, with chorizo, red onions, red peppers, sweet smoked paprika and chilli flakes.
• 2 Chicken pieces
• 2 tsp olive oil
• 2 tbsp Harvester Peri-Peri Sauce
• 1 tsp olive oil
• 2 cups cooked basmati rice
• 2 small chorizo sausages cubed
• A chopped red onion
• A diced red pepper
• 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
• ½ tsp chilli flakes
• 1 tbsp tomato puree
• 1 spring onion sliced (to serve)
• Corn cobettes (to serve)
• Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper and a little oil, then add Harvester Peri-Peri Sauce to coat the chicken. If possible leave for an hour to for the flavour to develop.
• Cover and bake in oven dish for 40 minutes at 180c (or until fully cooked through).
• Meanwhile fry the red onions, chorizo, peppers in a little oil for a few minutes.
• Add the cooked rice, smoked paprika, chilli flakes and tomato puree and cook for 5 mins stirring continuously.
• Serve the chicken on a bed of rice (add some peri peri juices from the baking dish if desired) garnish with spring onions and corn cobettes.
If you don’t fancy cooking at home and washing up,
you can always join us at Harvester and enjoy our sauces on your favourite dishes.